Canada Water Church is a new church placed right in the centre of the new developments in Canada Water. We are a church filled with a vibrant mix of people from a variety of backgrounds, countries and ages, and we want to be seeing people come to know our joy of knowing Jesus.
We want to see the spread of the gospel, first through ourselves as we seek to encourage one another and learn together, and then through the city by sharing it with those around us, living it out in the way we live our lives, and building relationships with the people we meet. All this, so that we might see personal change, social healing, and cultural renewal through a movement of churches and ministries that change London and through it, the world.
Our Core Values
The Centrality of the Gospel
We believe that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the power of God that changes everything (Rom 1:16). Therefore the Gospel needs to be central to everything we do.
For Renewed People
As the Gospel takes root in an individual’s heart it starts to make them new. This process continues daily as we try to work out and obey the implications of the Gospel in every new situation. (Col 1:6)
To Form Loving Community
The Gospel shapes and forms a community that is dependent on the grace of God (Acts 2:37). This grace leads to a loving community, caring for those on the inside and open to those coming into the community.
For a Great City
Since our city is full of people who are made in the image of God, we realise that the city is an important place for the church to be (Jonah 4:11). Through Gospel-driven relationships, service, mercy and justice we look to renew this great city.
As a reformed church the elders subscribe to the Westminster Confession, Three Forms of Unity and the Ecumenical Creeds.
The doctrinal basis of the UCCF functions as a good summary of our beliefs:
- There is one God in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- God is sovereign in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgement.
- The Bible, as originally given, is the inspired and infallible Word of God. It is the supreme authority in all matters of belief and behaviour.
- Since the fall, the whole of humankind is sinful and guilty, so that everyone is subject to God's wrath and condemnation.
- The Lord Jesus Christ, God's incarnate Son, is fully God; he was born of a virgin; his humanity is real and sinless; he died on the cross, was raised bodily from death and is now reigning over heaven and earth.
- Sinful human beings are redeemed from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only through the sacrificial death once and for all time of their representative and substitute, Jesus Christ, the only mediator between them and God.
- Those who believe in Christ are pardoned all their sins and accepted in God's sight only because of the righteousness of Christ credited to them; this justification is God's act of undeserved mercy, received solely by trust in him and not by their own efforts.
- The Holy Spirit alone makes the work of Christ effective to individual sinners, enabling them to turn to God from their sin and to trust in Jesus Christ.
- The Holy Spirit lives in all those he has regenerated. He makes them increasingly Christlike in character and behaviour and gives them power for their witness in the world.
- The one holy universal church is the Body of Christ, to which all true believers belong.
- The Lord Jesus Christ will return in person, to judge everyone, to execute God's just condemnation on those who have not repented and to receive the redeemed to eternal glory.